Matapedia River Lodge
What to bring (fishing)
Here is a list of items you should bring with you on you trip at the lodge. Proper clothing will make your trip much more enjoyable.
Matapédia River levels can change rapidly after intense rains, so it can be humid or be hot and dry. In june temperatures can easily be in the 10 to 15°C (50-60°F) and in july-august in the 30°C (90+°F).
The weather can changes anytime in the valley.
- Fishing and regular clothing, t-shirts
- Long and short pants and shirts
- Polar sweater
- Wadding rain jacket and fly vest
- Breathable waders, wading boots (with felts) and belt
- Breathable underwear and socks
- Hat or cap
- Polarized fishing glasses
- Bug repellant and sunscreen
- Pocket camera
- Your fishing rods, (8-9 weight fast action rods)
- WFF - floating lines and shooting heads, single or spey
- Reel with good capacity of backing 150yds +
- Flies, we also have a great inventory in the lodge fly shop
- Leader material, loops etc….
We have a large inventory of waders and jackets, rods and reels for rental in the fly shop, if you need anything in particular call us and we will do our best to help you out.