Matapedia River Lodge
Black Bear Hunting
Black Bear Hunting and Salmon Fishing Combo
Matapedia River Lodge offers you black bear hunting in may and june in a natural wild environment with no hunting pressure located on territories near the lodge.
Our guides with 30 years of expérience will guide you in you quest of a lifetime trophy. In addition, you will learn about the life and behavior of this impressive omnivorous animal.Black bear hunting in the Matapedia valley is under-exploited, it allows us to observe specimens of imposing sizes.
We offer bear hunting either in a package of 5 days including 5 mornings of salmon fly fishing and 5 afternoons of bear hunting, or only 5 afternoons of continuous hunting.
Exclusive private and baited lots exclusif to the lodge located in zone 1 and 2
6/5 Package (Hunting and Fishing Combo) - 2019
From june 3 to june 30th
Bow, Crossbow and firearms
- 6 nights, 3 days of hunting / 2 days of fishing or 5 days of hunting
- One fishing and one hunting guide
- Hunting on private land zone (1 or 2)
- (1) bear bag limit per hunter
- Canoe and wading fishing in public sector 3
2 899,00$ per fishermen/hunter, double occupancy
3 499,00$ for one fisherman/hunter in single occupancy
- Arrival the eve in afternoon, visit of the hunting property
- Firearms ajustments
- Lodging in double occupancy
- Guide, hunting site preparation, bait etc….
- Breakfast, lunch and 3 services diner
- Departure at 10h00 am after breakfast the next day of your last day of hunting
Extra fees for non hunting guest 209,00$ per day.
Hunting Package only 6/5 season 2019
Date: May 15 to June 30, 2019
Bow and crossbow and firearm
- 6 nights, 5 afternoon hunting from 4 pm until sunset
- A hunting guide
- Hunting on private land and public area (1 or 2)
- Limit of one (1) bear per hunter
- $ 2,199.00 per hunter, double occupancy
- $ 2,549.00 for a hunter in single occupancy
- Arrival the day before in the afternoon, visit the property
- Adjustment of weapons
- Accommodation in double occupancy
- Breakfast, dinner and three-course dinner
- Departure at 10:00 am after breakfast
Additional costs of $ 209.00 per day apply for companions.
2019 Hunting dates
Available Dates - Bow, crossbow and firearms
- Week 1: may 15 to may 19, 2019 (hunting only)
- Week 2: may 22 to june 2, 2019
- Week 3: june 5 to june 9, 2019
- Week 4: june 12 to june 16, 2019
- Week 5: june 19 to june 23, 2019
- Week 6: june 26 to june 30, 2019
Included in package
- Fishing access passes for 2 rods (resident) ³
- Fishing equipment and flies
- Tree stand, miradors, baited sites
- Transport on the river and on hunting site
- Access to the spa
- Free WIFI
- Black bear hunting licenses*
- Salmon provincial license*
- Lodging , federal and provincial taxes, service charges at the lodge
- Gratuities to guides
- Amunition etc
Extra fees will apply for for non residents licenses*.
If you prefer not to bring you personnal firearms from your country, our guides
can accomodate you with different arms and amunitions at a low cost.
At all time, you must have on you your (Firearm Possesion License) to be able to hunt with either your personnal firearm or a firearm you have rented from a guide.
Taxidermist services and CITES papers :
We strongly recommend that you get your skinn tanned either (wet for taxidermy) and (dry for skin, carpet etc).
This process will guaranty the quality of the skins for a futur taxidermy process.
CITES EXPORT PAPERS:
For all shipping of skins, the folowing informations are mandatory for a safe envoy of skins with all paper work and veterinary certificat to your personnal adress.
- Hunting license
- Registration papers
- Tags on animal
- Your broker info and email
*Catch and release (CNR) of large salmon is mandatory on the Matapédia river, it is still possible to keep small salmon (grisle less than 63cm).