What to bring - hunting

What to bring

Nothing worst than a wet humid or hot dry hunting trip without proper clothing. Check the wheather before you trip and make shure you dont forget anything. 

  • Warm Clothes - be prepared, we never know what temperature we will have   
  • Hunter Orange hat and vest 
  • Previous hunting license - Provincial or American
  • Weapon of choice, gun, bow or crossbow
  • Hard guncase or bowcase 
  • Scentlock suit/Scent Killer
  • Bug jacket and repellent - 10% DEET or better
  • Rain Gear
  • Extra Footware/Gloves
  • Flash lights (Batteries)
  • Binoculars
  • Hunting knife/sharpener
  • Axe and rope

  • Note:  Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification.

  • Note non resident of Canada
  • Canadian Firearms Declaration Form
  • You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). 
  • The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing
  • Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

Contact in advance a custom agent at the crossing point you wish to enter Canada to get information on all procedure.

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information